How to increase testosterone by natural means?
Today, the situation is that in many, often young men, testosterone levels are low. This is primarily due to the wrong way of life: the abuse of bad habits, unbalanced diet, insufficient sleep, minimal physical activity, etc. Hence the problems with health and with the production of sex hormones...
Why Raise the Level of Testosterone?
In order to answer this question, we explain how low testosterone levels affect the male body:
- Decreased sex drive;
- Decrease in muscle mass and strength;
- The absence of secondary sexual characteristics;
- Reduction in tone and vitality;
- Fatigue and irritability;
- Decline in mental abilities, ability to concentrate, memory;
- Slowing metabolism, increased fat tissue deposition.
- And now the same list, but quite the opposite in men with normal and elevated levels of testosterone. After that, there is no doubt that testosterone is the most important hormone for men!
What Should be Done to Raise the Testosterone
Normalization of Sleep
It is in the deep sleep phase is released most of the sex hormones, and if enough sleep constantly, all the measures taken to increase testosterone, will be reduced to zero. Healthy sleep for most people should last about 7-8 hours, but the main criterion for the duration of healthy sleep - it is a good state of health and vigor during the ascent. Ideally, you should do without an alarm clock to wake up feeling completely refreshed. Sleep should take place in complete silence and darkness
Without adequate nutrition, you can forget about testosterone in general. Since the production of hormones is a complex process that involves the coordinated work of many organs and systems, to run it, you need to provide the body with necessary nutrients. This can be compared to the fire: to ignite a big fire, you need a lot of firewood - without them there will be fire. The same applies to the production of androgens.
Turning to the Diet
Minerals. The main minerals necessary for the synthesis of testosterone, is zinc. Therefore, in the first place should take care of its adequate intake from food or supplements. Zinc found in seafood (oysters, squid, crab), fish (anchovies, carp, herring), nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios), pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Other essential minerals, enhancing the efficiency of testosterone is calcium, selenium, magnesium;
Vitamins. Of course, full health the body needs all the vitamins. But a special role in raising testosterone levels play: vitamin C - an antioxidant, inhibits the production of cortisol; Vitamin E - an antioxidant, it helps insulin to cope with the increased sugar; Vitamin D - helps the absorption of calcium, estrogen makes its weaker forms; omega-3 and omega-6 - essential acids are an integral part of the way of testosterone biosynthesis; vitamins B - involved in thousands of biochemical reactions that increase the synthesis of sex hormones. These vitamins are found in berries, fish oil, fruits, vegetables, nuts;
Proteins, fats, carbohydrates, is the basis of human nutrition and life, without which there is no biochemical process, including testosterone synthesis. For example, fats - cholesterol sources is, is the basis for the testosterone molecule. Therefore, men definitely need a balanced diet so as to avoid any shortage of these substances.
Water. Depending on your body weight, you should drink at least 2 liters of ordinary purified water per day. Increased water consumption is necessary if you are actively engaged in sports. And remember, do not water - soda, store juices, soft drinks and so on.
On the basis of the above, you can make a list of products that are useful for men - it's seafood, fish, fruit, vegetables, berries, herbs, nuts.
We Exclude from the Diet
However, not all foods will work to normalize hormonal levels. Try to eliminate from the diet:
- Fast carbohydrates (cakes, pastries, white bread, chocolate, sweets);
- Fatty foods. Such food contains a lot of cholesterol and fat, which is actively deposited by our body as a reserve, forming overweight;
- Effervescent and sodas. They contain a lot of sugar and generally unhealthy.
Physical Activity and Sports with Weights
It is proved by numerous studies that moderate exercises with weights help increase testosterone. What has always distinguished individuals of the male from the female? It is uncommon masculine strength, compared with the women has always been a man's priority. Therefore, competent training with weights will increase the male hormone. But the main thing is not to overdo it, because you can get exactly the opposite result.
The basic rules of training with weights to increase the maximum testosterone:
- The duration of exercise should not exceed an hour, ie something like this:.. 10-15 minutes of warm-up, 45-50 minutes of weight training. Why so, we explain further;
- The amount of training should not exceed 2.3 per week. Between workouts you must take a break of at least one day to restore the body's muscles and strength;
- Train your large muscles: the back, legs, chest. Be sure to include a training program in basic strength exercises to increase testosterone, such as the squat, bench press and standing, Deadlift, etc;
- Projectile weight must be such that it was possible to make a maximum of 8-10 reps. And the last repetition should cause maximum force.
These four basic criteria must be met if you want to keep your hormones at a high. These rules are the result of research in this area. For example, the duration of exercise should not exceed a specified time interval, because after 45-50 minutes of training, begins to produce catabolic hormone cortisol, which is a testosterone antagonist. actively in training to produce testosterone before this time.
A significant increase in hormonal background training exercise large muscle groups. If you believe that the active training the biceps, triceps, calves, forearms press and will give you the desired level of hormone, then you are greatly mistaken - only exercise large muscle groups capable of it.
Excluding Bad Habits
Alcohol in a man provokes the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. In addition to this, the system causes harm to the body, which can not but affect the development of hormones for the worse. Moreover degrees alcohol are irrelevant to its negative effect. For example, beer contains analogues of female sex hormones that dramatically affects the hormonal background. The exception is a natural dry red wine, which on the contrary, inhibits the action of the aromatase enzyme responsible for the metabolism of testosterone to estrogen.
- However, if you completely abandon the adoption of strong drinks does not work, try to at least do not abuse them.
Additional Recommendations to Improve Hormone
Do not overeat. A balanced diet plays a crucial role in the synthesis of sex hormones, but that does not mean you have to eat a lot and constantly, even if it is for the "healthy", in all respects, products. In overeating protection against testosterone, there are two negative factors. Firstly, the processes hormone and digestion processes of the body require some effort and energy. Constantly overeating, you are forcing the body to digest the food debris, which he spends his strength, while the production processes are inhibited hormones. Second, constant overeating triggers the deposition of excess fat, the consequences of which you already know. Especially it is not recommended to overeat and eat at night, because inhibits digestion for some time processes of hormone production.
Try to be sexually active. Moderate increase the production of sex hormones. But do not overdo it in their sexual impulses, otherwise get the opposite result. Easy communication with representatives of the fair sex also increases levels of the hormone;
Avoid stressful situations, often in a good mood. When stress is actively produced cortisol, which reduces levels of the male sex hormone. When the male androgen levels increased, this entails improving mood. You can recreate the situation, starting from the opposite end, ie when a good mood entails improving hormonal;
Keep track of the level of testosterone in the body antagonistic hormones - estrogen and cortisol in the body are higher than normal, reduce the production of male hormones. To protect the activity of estrogen should be consumed cruciferous vegetables (different varieties of cabbage) to help the liver in estrogen excretion, as well as red grapes and wine in its natural basis, which reduce the activity of the enzyme aromatase;
Try to win. The victory improves male hormone! Not for nothing is called hormone testosterone winners. Even the smallest and insignificant victory boosts testosterone levels for some time. It also may include social status in society: men, social status is higher than the people around him, have elevated levels of sex hormones, as aware of their superiority over others. This may relate to the high material prosperity, a high executive position, sports results, and other achievements, as a result of which a man feels like a winner.
Tempers. Brief exposure to cold on the body as a result of tempering procedures (for example, pouring water), increases the secretion of androgens, and generally has a positive effect on health.
- If you place the most important factors affecting the level of testosterone, you get the following:
- Sleep. Because the sex hormones are produced in a dream, on the quality and duration will depend on the level of sex hormones, with whom you wake up in the morning.
- Food. Determines your health in general, it is a source of essential nutrients for hormone synthesis.
- Normalization of weight. Along with the adjustment of supply to be methodically get rid of excess weight, while the weight will not conform to the standards. Otherwise, excess fat will work against improvements in hormonal levels.
- Physical activity and training with weights. The most effective natural way to raise testosterone levels.
- Other factors.